Founded in 2013, Fieldin provides business intelligence services for commercial agriculture. Developed by farmers for farmers, Fieldin connects tractors, machinery and in-field sensors to deliver actionable insights to growers.
The IT Manager leads the planning, controlling, executing, and monitoring of all information technology-related activities across the organization. This role includes defining and leading the implementation of the company’s data platforms and their interfaces and establishing and leading data security policies and creating and managing all help desk related activities. The IT Manager reports to the VP of Operations and works collaboratively across the organization with the different stakeholders to drive adaptation of IT systems and industry best practices.
- System architecture: define the behavior, structure, and interfaces of the various systems through a conceptual model. Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementation.
- Project management; planning, initiating, executing, controlling, and closing system architecture projects to support company growth targets. Research and implement technological- strategic solutions.
- IT management: data, networks, computer HW, and SW. Coordinate and provide help desk services, change management, and in-house or outsourced support.
- IT Security and Infrastructure: provide security measures to protect the company’s infrastructure. Design, develop, implement, and enforce systems, policies, and procedures to ensure the security of data, network access, and backup systems.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field
- 5+ years of experience in information technology management
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and server technology
- project management experience is required
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Hands-on approach
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- The ability to be proactive and self-directed utilizing good time management, decision-making, and organization skills
- Ability to consult with, negotiate and influence others in a positive manner and in support of the overall goals and mission of the company
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work well with remote management and staff
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org